The COM function allows you to work with ARCADIA 1 up to WINDY boards at the firmware-configuration level (reading, writing, displaying error statistics for washing machines).
Configures the electronic module for the model. It operates approximately similarly to the MERLONI programmer-key (or its analogues) plus proprietary software (or analogues).
To connect the PCB to the computer, a programmer is used, which is proposed to be assembled independently.
This function is obsolete and undesirable for ordering. It is preferable to use the EP function
The COM function is completely similar to the EP function, with the only difference being that different devices are used as a programmer.
Please note that with this option it is impossible to program a new clean microcontroller (flash from scratch), just like getting rid of the F12 error.
To solve these problems, there are RS and USBDM options.
Please refer to the relevant sections.
The COM function only works with the system COM port. This feature will not work with USB-COM (USB-UART) adapters.
The COM function does not work with EVO II boards.
With this function, you can perform the following:
- Read firmware (configuration zone) from ARCADIA electronic module on FREESCALE and RENESAS microcontrollers (ARCADIA 1, ARCADIA 2, ARCADIA 3, WINDY);
- View error statistics (for washing machines);
- Save on PC the read firmware;
- Program the electronic module (configuration zone) for the required model.
When this feature can be useful:
- Read firmware and see error statistics;
- Read the firmware and save it to a computer disk for your collection;
- Reset (erase) statistics;
- When installing a new unconfigured PCB or configured, but not for the desired model;
- When installing a used PCB on a product of another model;
- When replacing the microcontroller with subsequent programming of the flash memory or changing the FLASH memory of the microcontroller with other tools;
- In case of software failure / damage to the internal or external EEPROM memory.
Recommended sections for viewing:
Equipment for programming -> COM port -> Diagram
Connection to PCB -> ARCADIA -> COM port
How to use.
1. Connect the programmer to the electronic module;
2. Connect the programmer to the COM port of the computer;
3. Open the Sky Prog Programmer with support for the COM function;
4. Open settings, in the Main tab select "Only hardware serial port (COM port)", select the number of the COM port from the drop-down list, and also calibrate;;
5. In the Device tab, select Indesit ARCADIA;
6. Exit the settings by confirming the choice;
7. Click the "Read Device" button if you want to read the firmware. After a successful reading, the main window of the program will display the filled buffer B or C. To view data on the read firmware and statistics, click on the "Statistics" button. To save the read firmware, use the "File" program menu;
8. To reprogram the electronic module, you need to load the required firmware into buffer A. This can be done through the "File" menu of the program, either by dragging the firmware file into the program window (can be disabled by the operating system), or by opening the required firmware from the built-in firmware database (if your program has the DB option);
9. Click the "Statistics" button to check the firmware loaded in buffer A. Here you can also change the serial number in the firmware;
10. Click on the "Write Device" button.
In case of a successful operation, the status bar at the bottom of the program will display the Last action: Read, OK or Write, OK
In case of errors, the program will report this.
In this case, refer to the section:
Difficulties during work -> Decode Sky Prog errors