This version of the software supports the operation with PCBs INDESIT (HOTPOINT / ARISTON / WHIRLPOOL) of the ARCADIA 2, ARCADIA 3, WINDY STRIP series on RENESAS microcontrollers (R5F52Z05AAFM and R5F51305ADFM). A simple USB->UART (USB->COM) adapter is used as a programming device.
With this function of the software, you can fully program the memory of the microcontroller, those. you can even replace the microcontroller with a new one.
When you might need this function:
1. The memory of the microcontroller is damaged (the flash has flown off). The electronic module does not work, the display shows the F12 error;
2. The display (indication) shows error F09. Re-flashing in other ways does not help;
3. The microcontroller failed and was replaced with a new one.
How to program a microcontroller.
1. Connect the programmer to the microcontroller;
2. Connect the programmer to the USB port of the computer;
3. Launch Sky Prog Programmer software with RS function support;
4. Open settings, in the tab Main select Serial Programmer for RENESAS MCU (ARCADIA 3 and WINDY), select from the drop-down list the COM port that emulates the USB -> UART adapter (usually the last one in the list);
5. Exit the settings by confirming the selection. The Indesit ARCADIA device will be selected automatically;
6. Select the required SW from the list in the main program window;
7.Select the required firmware-configuration from the built-in firmware database or from your collection from the computer disk.
Click the Buff A: File tab in the main window.The buffer will be loaded with the firmware embedded in the selected SW. Maybe, into selected SW not have firmware. Then the configuration area will be written 0xFF. This will mean that no firmware-config has been loaded into the PCB. This will mean that no firmware-config has been loaded into the PCB.
Item 7 can be skipped. In this case, the configuration area will be written 0xFF. This will mean that no firmware-config has been loaded into the PCB. The PCB will need to be programmed for the required model.
8. Check if the correct firmware-configuration is selected. To do this, with the Buff A: File tab active, click the Stats Buf A button.The Statistics tab will become active. Check the data. Change the serial number if necessary.
If empty firmware-configuration placed into the configuration area (all 0xFF written), or point 7 was skipped, then this point should be skipped.
9. Click the Write Device button.
If SW is successfully written to the microcontroller, the following message will appear in the status bar at the bottom of the program: Last action: Write, OK
In case of errors, the program will inform you about it.
Then refer to the section: