The RS function supports operation at the level of the entire flash memory of RENESAS microcontrollers installed in INDESIT (HOTPOINT / ARISTON / WHIRLPOOL) electronic modules of the ARCADIA 2 (except HD64F39079LFZV), ARCADIA 3, WINDY series through the programmer - the simplest USB-UART (USB-COM) converter.
Using this function of the program, you can completely program the memory of the microcontroller (flash the processor from scratch), those. you can even replace the microcontroller with a new clean one that is commercially available.
SW (FW) are built into the program.
The list of built-in SW (FW) can be seen on the website in the NEWS section. There you can also see a list of currently supported microcontrollers.
Please note that with this option you can only program the microcontroller, there is no read mode. This is due to several reasons, the main of which is the specificity of this series of microcontrollers.
For the USB-UART (USB-COM) converter, which will be used as a programming device, you need to install drivers.
With this function, you can perform the following:
- Configure SW (FW) for the required product model with firmware-config from the built-in firmware database (an additional DB option is required).
- Configure SW (FW) for the required product model with firmware-config from your collection of firmware from a computer disk.
- Program the flash memory of the microcontroller.
When you might need this function:
- The memory of the microcontroller is damaged (the flash has flown off). The electronic module does not work, the display shows the F12 error;
- The display (indication) shows error F09. programming in other ways does not help;
- The microcontroller failed and was replaced with a new one.
How to program a microcontroller.
1. Connect the programmer to the microcontroller;
2. Connect the programmer to the USB port of the computer;
3. Launch Sky Prog Programmer software with RS function support;
4. Open settings, in the tab Main select Serial Programmer for RENESAS MCU (ARCADIA 3 and WINDY), select from the drop-down list the COM port that emulates the USB -> UART adapter (usually the last one in the list);
5. Exit the settings by confirming the selection. The Indesit ARCADIA device will be selected automatically;
6. Select the required SW from the list in the main program window;
7.Select the required firmware-configuration from the built-in firmware database or from your collection from the computer disk.
Click the Buff A: File tab in the main window.The buffer will be loaded with the firmware embedded in the selected SW. Maybe, into selected SW not have firmware. Then the configuration area will be written 0xFF. This will mean that no firmware-config has been loaded into the PCB. This will mean that no firmware-config has been loaded into the PCB.
Item 7 can be skipped. In this case, the configuration area will be written 0xFF. This will mean that no firmware-config has been loaded into the PCB. The PCB will need to be programmed for the required model.
8. Check if the correct firmware-configuration is selected. To do this, with the Buff A: File tab active, click the Stats Buf A button.The Statistics tab will become active. Check the data. Change the serial number if necessary.
If empty firmware-configuration placed into the configuration area (all 0xFF written), or point 7 was skipped, then this point should be skipped.
9. Click the "Write Device" button.
If SW is successfully written to the microcontroller, the following message will appear in the status bar at the bottom of the program: Last action: Write, OK
In case of errors, the program will inform you about it.
Then refer to the section: